1. UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center taps new chief scientific officer Full story
2. FDA withdraws cancer drug approval Full story
3. University Hospitals cancer center names new hematology chief, immunotherapy center director Full story
4. Current "best practices" aren't good enough when it comes to utilizing the OR. Hear first-hand how Rush Univ. achieves optimal use through cloud-based software.
5. St. Elizabeth Healthcare breaks ground on new cancer center Full story
6. LA physicians vote to authorize strike Full story
7. Infusion center wait times are increasing, along with patient frustration. Johns Hopkins decreased wait times time by 13%-32%. Join the OnDemand webinar here.
8. 10 hospitals laying off workers Full story
9. 4 health systems switching to Epic EHR systems Full story
10. Adventist Health reimagined the consumer experience — and it paid off. Join the leaders who directed the digital-first project that improved population health.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 85% of health insurance costs relate to chronic conditions. Here are 3 strategies to craft prevention programs that actually work.
2. MD Anderson, Cedars Sinai and 3 other systems slashed length of stay for patients with bloodstream infections. See how the systems are optimizing antimicrobial utilization and improving outcomes here.
3. Not all hospital-at-home programs are created equally. The best ones leverage AI to advance patient outcome improvements + lower costs. Here's how AI is driving program success.