1. 4 recent oncology partnerships Full story
2. Ochsner plans $10M cancer center expansion Full story
3. Georgia cancer institute opens state's 1st immediate care cancer center Full story
4. How can hospitals cut into surgical backlogs amid staff and bed shortages? Baptist Health may have found the answer. Click here to learn more.
5. Kaiser to restructure Colorado, Washington operations Full story
6. St. Jude names new scientific director Full story
7. Don't rely on old data to streamline patient flow. Join the discussion on sustainable analytics to predict discharges + remove admissions bottlenecks.
8. MD Anderson names chair of nursing department Full story
9. Dr. Ashish Jha rejects '0 COVID-19' strategy: 4 Sunday talk show takeaways Full story
10. 5 recent chief medical, nursing officer moves Full story
11. Stop keeping nurses past their shifts. See how OHSU achieved a 31% decrease in running past scheduled closures here.
12. COVID-19 cases to jump 94% by April 30 + 2 more forecasts Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Virtual care options for behavioral health are no longer just 'nice to have' — they're essential. But how can health systems integrate these programs in a formalized, sustainable way? This guide has the answers.
2. 81% of residents like their training programs, but 41% are burned out. Get resources from AMA to improve physician well-being and promote better work-life balance here.
3. A teachable moment: How this 500-plus bed medical center turned a poor scorecard into cultural transformation.