1. Michael Dowling: $2.55B life sciences hub would spur healthcare innovation in NY Full story
2. California hospital that fired CEO files for bankruptcy Full story
3. Bain Capital backs biotech company in $250M funding round Full story
4. What spurs patients to change providers? What are their most surprising care preferences? Get answers to these Qs and more to better engage your patients and drive more loyalty.
5. Zenas BioPharma company raises $118M Full story
6. Ohio hospital closing earlier than planned due to patient safety concerns Full story
7. Patients are demanding simpler care experiences. See how leading systems are meeting this expectation — while also reducing staff burden — here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
2. 5 health systems' most valuable patient experience strategy in 2022 + 9 telehealth tips for clinician and more. Here are 10 Becker's must-reads on technology and the patient experience.
3. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.