1. US set to launch trial of early cancer detection blood tests Full story
2. Hospitals push for early flu shots amid concerns of severe season Full story
3. Still relying on old technology for utilization management? Here's how a 13-hospital Midwest health system used AI to boost efficiency and simplify workflows.
4. Convicted Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes requests new trial Full story
5. Monkeypox likely won't cause reinfection, experts say: 4 outbreak updates Full story
6. Vaccinated people up to 80% less likely to have long COVID-19: study Full story
7. Clinicians with questions at the point of care need answers fast. Watch now to see how AI-powered clinical support delivers data in real time.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.
2. Hospitals are facing a healthcare climate fraught with operational risks, and a one dimensional strategy isn't cutting it. Here are the tools your team needs to stay nimble.
3. It's time for health systems to think outside of the inpatient care model. Meet patients where they're at and reap the benefits of serving high-acuity patients at home.