1. Telemedicine exec among 36 charged in $1.2B cancer, cardio lab fraud Full story
2. Layoffs hit labs as COVID-19 testing dwindles Full story
3. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
4. Blood test tube shortage could reduce wasteful testing Full story
5. Quest Diagnostics Q2 financial results: 5 things to know Full story
6. New theory emerges on cause of mysterious hepatitis cases in children Full story
7. 1 in 4 adults suffer from chronic knee pain, but relying on opioids to treat it is unsustainable and dangerous. Here's two leaders' non-opioid solution.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Unsecured remote access leaves organizations vulnerable to attacks. Learn how to avoid becoming a target.
2. An estimated $300B in healthcare fraud happens every year. Here's how modern payer Chief Risk Officers are getting proactive about fraud protection.
3. Can AI close the gap between what’s expected and what’s achievable in rev cycle management? Health system execs say yes. Find out why.