|1. IBM to acquire cloud software firm Red Hat for $34B
2. Severe weather, cyberattacks top list of hospital safety concerns
3. FDA releases cybersecurity guidance
to register for Becker's Virtual Health IT Summit: A 3-day online conference focused on the trends, topics and technologies that empower better care.
5. Thrilled to welcome great keynotes Katie Couric, former President George W. Bush and former President Bill Clinton + over 300 terrific hospital and health system executive speakers to Becker's Hospital Review 10th Annual Meeting.
6. Judge halts Maine hospital merger
8. Drug pricing, HIPAA changes among most pressing issues facing HHS
9. Campaign aims to raise awareness of privacy, civil rights of those treated for opioid addiction
10. In the face of today's cyberthreats, resiliency trumps prevention
11. The EHR Imperative: Eliminating outages and combatting cyberattacks can help improve patient care.
12. 25 hospitals, health systems with newly created executive roles in 2018