1. MercyOne staff to be paid same as last paycheck due to CommonSpirit ransomware attack Full story
2. How BJC HealthCare ensured a smooth Epic revenue cycle integration Full story
3. WakeMed may have sent patient data to Facebook Full story
4. Stop the guessing game. Learn how to accurately assess returns on automation investments and identify key financial and productivity metrics here.
5. Fitch: No rating fallout for CommonSpirit amid cyberattack Full story
6. IBM begins installing healthcare quantum computer at Cleveland Clinic Full story
7. NewYork-Presbyterian CIO Daniel Barchi on AI investment Full story
8. 7 key variables fuel high healthcare costs. See what they are — and which are affecting your organization the most — here.
9. New Jersey hospital improperly discards patients' COVID-19 documents Full story
10. CIOs make cybersecurity top investment as threats rise Full story
11. Where health systems are spending their AI dollars Full story
12. Hospitals that aren't prepared for CURES Act penalties are at a serious financial risk. Here's how to prepare.
13. How health system CIOs monitor health tech trends Full story
14. Georgia health system appoints new CIO Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Today's healthcare consumers won't settle for an impersonal experience. These 10 must-read articles examine the new payer imperative — member empowerment. Read them and learn how health plans can make healthcare personal.
2. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.
3. The right approach will cut hospitals' strategic + operational risks in the customer-centric landscape. KPMG experts share how here.