1. Methodist Health System extends contract with Oracle Cerner for 10 years Full story
2. Kaiser Permanente's chief digital officer leaves for role at Target Full story
3. The effect of Common Spirit's IT issues: EHR outages and rescheduled appointments Full story
4. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
5. How health system CIOs are cutting costs, rethinking operational efficiency Full story
6. AI company Olive loses 2 health system clients, selling some assets Full story
7. Harnett Health completes transition to Epic Full story
8. 35% of adults don't get enough sleep, which can cause poor outcomes and higher healthcare costs. See how health plans can tackle the issue with these simple strategies.
9. 11 recent hospital, health system CEO resignations Full story
10. 5 health systems partnering with Google Health Full story
11. Forward Advantage, Meditech collaborate on EHR integration app Full story
12. Understaffed workforces can't fully activate patients. Here's how Nemours Children's bolstered patient engagement and reduced no-shows and cancellations with an easy-to-apply solution.
13. Vergent Biosciences raises $21.5M Full story
14. Canadian man sentenced in connection to ransomware attacks that hit hospitals Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is prior authorization slowing down your care processes? Learn how electronic tools allowed 71% of providers in one program to deliver faster care.
2. AI is becoming the standard in health systems for a good reason - it can predict changing patient volumes with great accuracy. Read why AI is critical to an organization matching staffing to volume.
3. Clinicians are tired of using health IT solutions not built with their needs in mind. Ensure your organization is adopting tech built with their input here.