1. Hospitals get big grants to install Epic's EHR Full story
2. UnitedHealth Group names chief digital and technology officer at Optum Full story
3. 7 recent healthcare job postings at Amazon Full story
4. What do half of the hospitals on U.S. News Honor Roll have in common? They're getting smart about data. Here's how.
5. 'Progress, not perfection': Advocate Aurora CIO Bobbie Byrne on healthcare optimization Full story
6. Oracle Cerner's $156K penalty for VA EHR outages under scrutiny Full story
7. Meet the health IT department: Chief data officers Full story
8. The patient transfer processes of old undermine clinical outcomes. Discover how University of Maryland Medical System modernized its transfer process here.
9. 5 health systems hit with credit downgrades Full story
10. American Express to hire 1,500 tech workers, mostly in US Full story
11. Atrium Health's CISO joins cybersecurity company's board Full story
12. When payers and providers fail to collaborate, patients suffer. Discover how a Nevada health plan and physician group partnered to improve care for expectant moms here.
13. Medical 21 raises up to $20M for cardiac bypass technology Full story
14. Concord Health Partners closes on $150M innovation fund Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Don't let miscommunication be your hospital's downfall. Learn how to identify friction in communication and avoid missteps using technology.
2. Dozens of health system executives met in Chicago to discuss the patient financial experience and the care affordability crisis. Learn what was said and why it matters here.
3. Healthcare providers are falling behind and losing revenue with archaic, paper-heavy software. Here's how one organization cut report generating to less than 5 minutes.