1. 731-bed California hospital dark for hours after generator failure in heat wave Full story
2. Amazon wants to add payer strategy muscle Full story
3. Not just an EHR liaison: What has changed most about the CMIO role Full story
4. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on telehealth and virtual care strategy for hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 10 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. Epic + interoperability: 7 notes Full story
6. CVS, Amazon, UnitedHealth using primary care to remake healthcare Full story
7. Oracle Cerner, Freenome partner with more than 90 health systems on cancer research Full story
8. The demand for behavioral health services is soaring. Learn how digital mental health tools can keep you from playing catch-up.
9. Which industries pay chief information security officers the most? Full story
10. Electronic systems led to VA incorrectly collecting debts from patients Full story
11. Open health data exchange is a 'pillar' of Meditech, interoperability leader says Full story
12. Hospital-at-home will fail without effective patient monitoring. See how Northwell and 3 other systems are leveling up this capability here.
13. Mayo Clinic partners with health tech company to develop home-based cardiac rehab Full story
14. Top 10 healthcare organization types most likely to have their data breached Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. "Reversing" diabetes is a seductive, but unrealistic goal. Take a more effective approach to diabetes management by avoiding these 5 treatment myths.
2. Dozens of health system executives met in Chicago to discuss the patient financial experience and the care affordability crisis. Learn what was said and why it matters here.
3. Workplace safety shouldn't be unaffordable. This 2022 guide offers tips to improve safety and give nurses the peace of mind they deserve.