1. University of Mississippi Medical Center to pay $2.75M to settle HIPAA violations over stolen laptop
2. Burglary compromises 2,900 patients' data at StarCare Specialty Health
3. HHS to fund cybersecurity information sharing organization
4. What are the steps you can take to implement a successful cost reduction strategy?
5. 59% of hospitals had unplanned EHR disruption last year. Were they prepared?
6. Danish authorities report nationwide breach of health information
7. Complicated, Costly and Common: The top high-cost, high-mortality procedures and how to manage them
8. Hospitals aren't the only ones scared about data breaches
9. Combat visual hacking in healthcare
10. Now accepting nominations for Becker's Hospital Review's 2016 "100 Physician Leaders of Hospitals and Health Systems to Know" list. If you would like to nominate a hospital or health system CEO with a medical degree to be considered for inclusion on this list, please complete the online form by Aug. 3.