1. 1.2K patients may receive up to $150K in settlements after Flowers Hospital data breach
2. Banner Health's Tucson Cerner switch triggers reports of medical errors, state finds
3. LabCorp 90% recovered from SamSam ransomware attack
4. What is the No. 1 industry challenge your healthcare organization wants to tackle in the next year? Respond to this brief survey.
5. Currently seeking terrific ideas for our 2nd Annual HIT + Clinical Leadership Conference in May 2019 and for our 17th Annual Future of Spine + The Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference in June 2019. | Join over 3,500 attendees at our largest HIT + Revenue Cycle Conference in Chicago September 19-22.
6. Columbia University, IBM launch blockchain center to drive precision medicine research
7. Strategic use of workforce management technology can generate huge savings. To learn how, register for this upcoming webinar.
8. SingHealth: Hackers stole PHI of more than half the population in Singapore
9. Target will move away from Amazon Web Services to develop infrastructure
10. Change Healthcare rolls out cloud encryption tools for hospitals, payers
11. A HIMSS Analytics study reveals 77% of IT professionals want to integrate clinical communications with mobile workflow and documentation solutions. 300 clinical, informatics and IT leaders share their health system's mobility roadmap.
12. Secret team to 'kill the old healthcare model' launches at Florida Hospital