2.125 things to know about the 'big 5' insurers Full story
1. Employee compromises 5,000 patients' data at UC Irvine Medical Center Full story
3. CIOs and health IT leaders: What five health IT ideas or technologies do you rave about? Email Carrie Pallardy at email@example.com
to share your thoughts. Responses must come from hospital or health system leaders.
4. Data breaches are becoming commonplace in the healthcare industry. According to the Ponemon Institute, more than 90 percent of healthcare organizations have experienced a data breach. In this white paper, 5 Steps for Responding to Healthcare Data Breaches, discover what you can do to prepare for a potential breach. Click here to download the white paper.
5. 50,000 records stolen from pharmaceutical company Akorn offered to highest bidder Full story
6. CHIME letter to Congress on improving healthcare interoperability: 13 key recommendations Full story
7. Don't miss Mark J. Jacobs, MHA, CPHIMSS, FHIMSS, Chief Information Officer for Delaware Health Information Network, discuss "HIT Security & Solutions" at Becker's CIO/HIT + Revenue Cycle Summit! Click here to learn more.
8. 10 highest paying IT security positions Full story
9. Epic, Nebraska Medicine use Apple Watch for patient engagement Full story
10. Patient perception of health record privacy: 6 findings
11. Join us for the Becker's Hospital Review Annual CIO/HIT + Revenue Cycle Summit in July at the Ritz Carlton in Chicago. More than 40 leading hospital and health system CIOs and IT executives will discuss the role of the CIO, social media, data analytics, mobile health and EHR issues. Click here
to learn more and register.
12. 8 recent vendor contracts, go-lives Full story
Becker's Hospital Review Annual CIO/HIT + Revenue Cycle Summit
July 20-21, 2015 | Ritz Carlton Chicago
Featuring 40+ leading hospital and health system CIO and IT executive speakers
54 sessions | 75+ speakers