1. Oracle gets antitrust approval for Cerner deal, expected to close next week Full story
2. The healthcare cloud race heats up Full story
3. 5 dead in Oklahoma hospital campus shooting Full story
4. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on health equity for hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. Baystate Health names new chief information and digital officer Full story
6. 10 fastest-growing metro areas for tech workers Full story
7. Alameda Health System data breach potentially affects 90,000 patients Full story
8. Systems need AI to help providers manage schedules and maximize capacity issues. Execs from LeanTaas, Baptist Health, Cone Health + more share how to achieve lasting improvements.
9. IT specialist charged in hacking of healthcare company's network Full story
10. BD says some products have 'high' vulnerability to cyberattack Full story
11. Wellspan Health's AI transcribing tech reduces clinical documentation by 50% Full story
12. Money alone can't solve nurse staffing shortages. Healthcare must innovate its way out of this crisis. These 3 actions can make a difference.
13. Tech startup, Rite Aid collaborate on rural health expansion Full story
14. Poor data is hampering hospital pricing transparency, analysis finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A cloud-native system pays for itself in a year by streamlining workflows. Here are 4 factors to consider to make the change easy.
2. Not all hospital-at-home programs are created equally. The best ones leverage AI to advance patient outcome improvements + lower costs. Here's how AI is driving program success.
3. How NYC Health + Hospitals and Optum recruit hard-to-fill Epic roles — get their tips and strategies in this 10-part health IT hiring guide.