1. Feds investigate Elon Musk's Neuralink Full story
2. Head of VA Oracle Cerner implementation to depart Full story
3. 13 called-off hospital deals Full story
4. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on staff shortages and telehealth adoption for hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. Houston health system snags grant to upgrade Epic EHR Full story
6. Killnet's attacks on hospital websites had little effect, CISA says Full story
7. Hospitals must partner with retail disruptors like Amazon and CVS, AHA says Full story
8. Patient engagement — a mainstay of hospital & health system priority lists, yet most still grapple with low ratings. These execs will tell you why + share tangible tactics for improvement.
9. CalvertHealth moves to Amazon Web Services to back up Meditech EHR Full story
10. Maryland hospital continues to treat ER patients, perform elective surgeries during ransomware attack Full story
11. 5 hospitals, health systems getting grants to advance IT development Full story
12. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
13. Digital staffing startup Nomad Health lays off 119 employees Full story
14. Why VCU Health's new CIO is laser-focused on usability + adoption: Q&A with Ellen Wiegand Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Making sense of clinical data can be like drinking from a fire hose. Overcome these 6 obstacles to eliminate confusion and paint a more accurate picture of patients' health.
2. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
3. When only 35% of referrals end in a visit, you can't justify time spent on manual patient outreach. This digital upgrade led Froedtert Health to a 3-day referral-to-appointment workflow.