1. 11 called-off hospital deals Full story
2. Hospitals living 'paycheck to paycheck,' unable to make long-term investments, CEO says Full story
3. California AG approves Trinity's acquisition of 'financially distressed' hospital Full story
4. State of claims 2022: Survey suggests denials are up 10 to 15%. Click here for more findings and analysis.
5. Recession worries mount as markets slump Full story
6. Mayo CFO joins board of $5.6B Destination Medical Center Full story
7. Kentucky hospital to lay off 112 Full story
8. Providence hires treasurer to assist CFO with 'recovery journey' Full story
9. Third-Party Liability programs — Hero or villain? Here are 5 common mistakes to avoid + practical strategies to make TPL programs a hero.
10. Nuvance hospital to end inpatient mental health services Full story
11. 'The perfect fit, at the perfect time': OhioHealth to acquire 13th hospital on Jan. 1 Full story
12. HonorHealth credit ratings affirmed at 'A+' amid strong market presence, robust operations Full story
13. 10 healthcare companies with more than $1B debt Full story
14. Overall income slumps at Stanford Health as expenses rise, investment slides Full story
15. 50% of denials are tied to front-end tasks. Refine the process with these tips.
Becker's is seeking great health IT, digital health and revenue cycle leaders to join the agenda for our 2023 event Oct. 3-6, 2023!
If you'd like to join a panel, contact
Mariah Muhammad at
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover 4 hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.
2. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.
3. Traditional check-in processes are redundant and frustrating. A mobile-first approach can improve patients' intake experience in 7 key ways — see what they are and how 1 Georgia hospital is cashing in here.