1. Court rejects FTC bid to block 17-hospital merger in Pennsylvania Full story
2. California system alleges Kaiser tried to monopolize health insurance market Full story
3. 5 cities with highest ICU occupancy Full story
4. Calling all CFOs - We'd love your feedback in the 2020 Employee Benefits/Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Survey participants will receive a complimentary badge to a Becker's Hospital Review Conference.
5. Advocate Aurora to give $66M in employee bonuses Full story
6. 110+ hospitals postponing elective surgeries by state Full story
7. 476-bed Canton hospital to join Cleveland Clinic Full story
8. Care New England rebuffs bid from financial turnaround firm Full story
9. Healthcare Cyber Security: Insights on data safety amid heightened vulnerability
10. Oregon suspends license of physician who discouraged mask-wearing Full story
11. West Virginia hospital CEO to step down Full story
12. Leapfrog names 105 Top Hospitals for 2020 Full story
13. 3 Must Reads:
- Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.
- How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.
- What will be the pandemic's biggest effects in the years to come? Click here to learn what healthcare leaders think.
14. White House shares $916B relief proposal; Pfizer vaccine gets allergy warning in Britain -- 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Continuous clinical surveillance may be the key to mitigating adverse events for good. Click here to learn more.
2. Some of the biggest changes in medicine are coming from leaders on the front line. Click here to learn about new standards of care.
3. Help your patients feel safe when returning for care they delayed by employing these action items. Click here for a roadmap to recovery.