1. 12 hospitals, health systems cutting jobs Full story
2. Providence closes all 27 retail clinics in Southern California Full story
3. MetroHealth fires CEO over more than $1.9M in unreported bonuses Full story
4. A data breach can cost your health system millions. Get expert insights on avoiding costly cybersecurity missteps here.
5. LifeBridge Health raises minimum wage for thousands of workers to $16 an hour Full story
6. Inflation slowing as Wall Street looks bullish on healthcare sector Full story
7. CommonSpirit hospital employees cite payroll irregularities after ransomware attack Full story
8. House committee 'seriously disappointed' in No Surprises Act final rule Full story
9. 1 in 5 Americans have a medical bill they can't pay. Discover what orthopedic leaders are doing to offer flexible patient financing options.
10. Banner's loss hits $113M, contract labor up 7% Full story
11. FEMA awards $15.5M to Hartford Hospital for COVID response expenses Full story
12. 20 recent payer CEO moves Full story
13. Utah hospital names CFO Full story
14. Patient advocacy leads North Carolina hospital to post charity care application online Full story
15. Patients are demanding simpler care experiences. See how leading systems are meeting this expectation — while also reducing staff burden — here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Today's patients expect a compassionate financial experience, but not every organization is delivering. Maintain a competitive advantage with these tips.
2. 220+ hospital leaders share purchasing goals, strategies & challenges. Read these 8 insights in this 2022 supply chain report.
3. UCHealth cut time-to-admit by 16% and saw an $8M return on investment using this modernized approach to capacity management.