1. Intermountain + Sanford: 5 things to know about the $15B merger Full story
2. Kaiser hospital shuts down Southern California ORs due to staff shortage, air quality Full story
3. 'We are scared to come to work': Union at 11 Tenet hospitals OKs strike Full story
4. Hiring during a pandemic requires a new strategy. Click here to join the discussion about talent management strategies that will save money and improve staff quality.
5. CMS releases Quality Payment Program results: 6 takeaways Full story
6. CHS records $112M profit, says it will sell 4 more hospitals by year-end Full story
7. Community Health Systems CEO moving to executive chair; COO tapped as successor Full story
8. One ASC's journey to better cost control and a more robust bottom line. Click here to attend the live virtual event.
9. Tennessee hospital to reopen after 6 years Full story
10. 10 cities with the most people in financial distress amid COVID-19 Full story
11. Prime Healthcare completes sale of $700M in secured notes Full story
12. Are you ready for the evaluation and management changes coming in 2021? Click here for a deeper dive into guideline changes that will affect your organization.
13. Anthem's profit falls 81% in Q3: 3 things to know Full story
14. Pennsylvania hospital pauses some elective surgeries after employees test positive for COVID-19 Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Compassion and innovation: insights into descendant management at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Click here to read more.
2. Receiving the wrong drug can be dangerous, but so can receiving the wrong dose. Click here to learn how to properly adjust dosages for patients with kidney conditions.
3. Activate clinicians and cut preventable readmission by 18% with quicker communication. Click here to learn how.