1. Congress can take action to help healthcare deal with 'crushing' financial challenges, AHA urges Full story
2. Fitch: Nonprofit hospitals face prolonged labor challenges despite recent respite Full story
3. CFOs experienced in cutting costs, restructuring in high demand Full story
4. Hospitals won't unlock the full value of a robotic surgery program without giving staff 24/7 access. See how Advent Health is doing it here.
5. Healthcare workforce lost 333,942 providers in 2021 Full story
6. How the government can boost hospital price transparency, per Turquoise Health Full story
7. Increasing denials, unfavorable payer mix among top RCM concerns: report Full story
8. California hospitals restructure leadership after summer resignations Full story
9. Stop the guessing game. Learn how to accurately assess returns on automation investments and identify key financial and productivity metrics here.
10. Hospital finances need 'intensive care,' Ohio leader says Full story
11. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
12. Confluence Health posts $13M operating loss for Q3 Full story
13. The future of CVS, Walgreens in the healthcare industry Full story
14. 46% of Americans say medical bills put them in debt Full story
15. Hospitals that aren't prepared for CURES Act penalties are at a serious financial risk. Here's how to prepare.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.
2. The gig economy will take a bite out of your workforce if you let it. Stay ahead on hiring trends with this report, which shows where leaders spend recruiting dollars, how they engage staff and more.
3. Healthcare's antiquated hiring processes may be deterring new talent. Onboard more candidates in less time here.