1. HCA revenues, net income slip in Q3: 5 details Full story
2. Sanford Health reducing staff to 'streamline leadership' Full story
3. Tenet profit slips in Q3: 6 details Full story
4. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
5. Crawford Memorial Hospital's CFO ranks his 6 biggest challenges Full story
6. CMS unveils 340B hospital payment plan after court battle Full story
7. UMass Memorial Health nurses to see wage increases of up to 19.5% Full story
8. How the costs of an EHR install can add up, according to 3 health IT execs Full story
9. The most successful hospitals tackle denials from all sides. Get expert strategies to quickly resolve denied claims and prevent future ones to maximize reimbursement.
10. How to improve US healthcare: experts weigh in Full story
11. MercyOne restoring EHRs, payroll systems after CommonSpirit cyberattack Full story
12. Healthcare costs top of mind for voters, Gallup poll says Full story
13. 8 updates on medical debt Full story
14. Icahn School of Medicine receives $55.5M grant Full story
15. Stop the guessing game. Learn how to accurately assess returns on automation investments and identify key financial and productivity metrics here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Health systems must change how they invest in growth to survive in this competitive industry. Get tips on creating sustainable revenue growth using intelligent automation here.
2. AI is becoming the standard in health systems for a good reason - it can predict changing patient volumes with great accuracy. Read why AI is critical to an organization matching staffing to volume.
3. Today's healthcare consumers won't settle for an impersonal experience. These 10 must-read articles examine the new payer imperative — member empowerment. Read them and learn how health plans can make healthcare personal.