1. The fast rise and fall of COVID-19 billionaires Full story
2. FTC opposes SUNY Upstate Medical University, Crouse Health System merger
3. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
4. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
5. UT Health San Antonio tops out new $500M hospital Full story
6. Economists expect recession, job losses by 2023 Full story
7. Froedtert, ThedaCare partner on 'micro-hospitals' Full story
8. 6 management tips for when staffing is low and workload is high Full story
9. HCA and Mount Sinai are replacing outdated care practices with a single AI platform for better and more efficient care. See how they're saving clinicians time and streamlining workflows here.
10. Oklahoma health system building $300M expansion Full story
11. Before CommonSpirit Health, 9 other healthcare ransomware attacks in 2022
12. How Northwell climbed 74 spots on Fortune's 'best companies to work' list
13. Maryland nursing homes, hospitals to get $50M to fight staff shortages Full story
14. Where BQ.1 is most prevalent: 5 notes on the new COVID-19 variant Full story
15. Hospitals that aren't prepared for CURES Act penalties are at a serious financial risk. Here's how to prepare.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 100,000 RNs left the workforce in 2021. In 2022 and beyond, hospitals should do something that should have been done long ago — improve the healthcare working environment for vital caregivers. Here's how.
2. Health systems like Intermountain and Northwell are transforming the patient experience. Join them with these 5 steps for accelerating patient experience innovation.
3. 71% of patients are frustrated with their healthcare experience. Here are tools to scale positive engagement with your health system.