1. Providence faces consumer protection investigation in Oregon Full story
2. CommonSpirit Health says TriHealth, Centura Health facilities not affected by cyberattack
3. 2 recent hospital, health system bankruptcy filings Full story
4. HCA and Mount Sinai are replacing outdated care practices with a single AI platform for better and more efficient care. See how they're saving clinicians time and streamlining workflows here.
5. Texas hospital names Whitney Bendel new CFO Full story
6. The cities where inflation has grown the most, least Full story
7. U of Iowa agrees to pay $15M to settle healthcare worker overtime lawsuit Full story
8. Yale New Haven's 3-hospital acquisition will improve medical record sharing Full story
9. The most successful hospitals tackle denials from all sides. Get expert strategies to quickly resolve denied claims and prevent future ones to maximize reimbursement.
10. Why big health systems are moving to Epic Full story
11. $100M gift to U of Florida Scripps Institute Full story
12. US COVID-19 cases to rise by end of October, Mayo forecasts Full story
13. New York to create $1.6B health and sciences hub Full story
14. Kaufman Hall releases Q3 report on hospital M&A: 8 things to know Full story
15. It's time to turn antiquated call centers into modern care navigation hubs. Here's how UC San Diego Health made the upgrade.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.
2. The right approach will cut hospitals' strategic + operational risks in the customer-centric landscape. KPMG experts share how here.
3. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.