1. Judge temporarily halts closure of Pennsylvania hospital Full story
2. US headed for recession in '6 to 9 months,' JP Morgan Chase CEO warns Full story
3. Exits, layoffs and losses: Bright Health Group's troubled 2022 Full story
4. Stop the guessing game. Learn how to accurately assess returns on automation investments and identify key financial and productivity metrics here.
5. Illinois health system cuts about 150 positions Full story
6. Princeton Baptist Medical Center taps Christy Wilson as new CFO Full story
7. California physicians authorize strike Full story
8. Lawsuit: Former St. Louis hospital CEO owed damages in wake of resignation Full story
9. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
10. At CommonSpirit, big IT problems and little info Full story
11. 10 recent RCM mergers and acquisitions Full story
12. Chicago safety net hospital under scrutiny for neglect, deaths Full story
13. Kettering Health Foundation surpasses $100M Full story
14. 6 recent donations to hospitals Full story
15. Hospitals that aren't prepared for CURES Act penalties are at a serious financial risk. Here's how to prepare.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Incomplete data has left health systems overspending on supply chain. Here are expert tips for saving money and improving compliance.
2. Health systems must change how they invest in growth to survive in this competitive industry. Get tips on creating sustainable revenue growth using intelligent automation here.
3. Today's healthcare consumers won't settle for an impersonal experience. These 10 must-read articles examine the new payer imperative — member empowerment. Read them and learn how health plans can make healthcare personal.