1. At least half of healthcare administrative spending is wasteful, report says Full story
2. Mayo Clinic receives $100M gift Full story
3. LCMC Health to partner with Tulane University Full story
4. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
5. CBO proposals will not lower premiums, AHA says Full story
6. Fairview Health Services names new CFO Full story
7. Walmart launches healthcare research institute Full story
8. Healthcare billing fraud: 10 recent cases Full story
9. What financial and revenue cycle challenges do you face? Fill out this 10-minute survey from Becker's & PwC to receive free registration to Becker's CEO+CFO Roundtable event.
10. Bain: 25% of clinicians want out of healthcare Full story
11. Providence hospital scales back care 1 week after opening Full story
12. The new quiet quitting: 'quick quitting' Full story
13. 5 RCM companies launching new services Full story
14. 40% of Americans not honest about COVID-19, use of precautions, survey says Full story
15. The most successful hospitals tackle denials from all sides. Get expert strategies to quickly resolve denied claims and prevent future ones to maximize reimbursement.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
2. Incomplete data has left health systems overspending on supply chain. Here are expert tips for saving money and improving compliance.
3. Specialty practice consolidation 101: How to balance growth with autonomy