1. Staffing, supply chain shortages cost Washington hospitals $1.75B Full story
2. NorthBay Health CFO stepping down amid cost-cutting initiatives Full story
3. New York City hospitals to pay $165M in physician sex abuse case Full story
4. What financial and revenue cycle challenges do you face? Fill out this 10-minute survey from Becker's & PwC to receive free registration to Becker's CEO+CFO Roundtable event.
5. Signs of winter COVID-19 surge grow Full story
6. Indiana hospitals face significant financial challenges, survey says Full story
7. Hospitalwide outages still plaguing CommonSpirit hospitals Full story
8. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
9. CFOs' top challenges in 2022 and how they're responding — get best practices from leading systems here.
10. HHS spends $290M on drug for radiation sickness Full story
11. 10 providers seeking RCM talent Full story
12. At least half of healthcare administrative spending is wasteful, report says Full story
13. Brigham and Women's CFO Daniel Morash weighs in on finance trends, best practices for CFOs Full story
14. Pennsylvania hospital plans to build $350M patient tower Full story
15. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The right approach will cut hospitals' strategic + operational risks in the customer-centric landscape. KPMG experts share how here.
2. It's time for health systems to think outside of the inpatient care model. Meet patients where they're at and reap the benefits of serving high-acuity patients at home.
3. What digital options do patients really expect out of healthcare organizations? These patient survey findings offer a roadmap for where to direct resources.