1. 10 health systems laying off workers Full story
2. Billings Clinic CEO resigns Full story
3. 32 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
4. Keeping revenue collection costs low requires bold moves. Here's how Baylor Scott & White is capturing every dollar owed at the lowest possible cost.
5. Florida hospital closes ED Full story
6. Financial updates from HCA, Providence, UPMC + 10 systems Full story
7. Oregon health system no longer seeks repayment from overpaid employees Full story
8. Why Oscar, Clover and Bright Health have the highest paid health insurance CEOs Full story
9. Join other finance leaders in sharing your insights on the essentials of fiscal sustainability. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost: The Essentials of Fiscal Sustainability — A Healthcare Finance Leader Survey.
10. Colleagues on UTMB president's abrupt exit: 'We can call it a resignation, but nobody in Galveston buys that' Full story
11. WVU Medicine invests $177M in upgrades, expansion Full story
12. Former Alaska hospital executive accused of stealing $108K Full story
13. Denials management 101 — 2 coding experts share 4 steps to identify and eliminate RCM pain points.
14. Stop 'meeting overload' to save money: Physicians offer 9 solutions Full story
15. Allina acquires full ownership of post-hospital care facilities Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. An estimated $300B in healthcare fraud happens every year. Here's how modern payer Chief Risk Officers are getting proactive about fraud protection.
2. ERP built by accountants, for accountants: Read how James River Home Healthcare's first CFO improved reporting speed and consistency by implementing a new ERP.
3. 45% of patients plan to change their coverage level each year, leaving providers in danger of high denials and declining payments. Here's an easy-to-use solution.