1. Hospitals cutting services over staffing shortages Full story
2. Intermountain's net income hits $2.7B Full story
3. Kentucky nurse charged with murder in death of patient Full story
4. Hospitals can't prepare for future challenges with mediocre data. Learn how to get more from today's data and prepare to thrive in the future amid inflation and historic financial challenges.
5. 16 recent hospital, health system CEO moves Full story
6. New York system to close physician practices, lay off staff Full story
7. $73K new pay floor to accept a new job Full story
8. Providence workers to picket over payroll issues Full story
9. Join other finance leaders in sharing your insights on the essentials of fiscal sustainability. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5-minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost: The Essentials of Fiscal Sustainability — A Healthcare Finance Leader Survey.
10. 7 travel nurse pay trends for healthcare leaders to know Full story
11. Amazon's growing presence in healthcare Full story
12. 29 physician specialties ranked by annual compensation Full story
13. Intake sets the stage for easing patient burden and reducing claim denials. Learn the right way to do it.
14. Michigan governor orders all payers to lower 2023 rates Full story
15. Tennessee hospital reopens under new owner Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Better medication management is a priority for health systems, but less than half rely on vendors. Learn why + what hospital execs are looking for in new vendors.
2. Drug shortages are causing disproportionate workloads for pharmacy staff at children's hospitals. Here's how they're collaborating to tackle the issue.
3. Patient care is personalized; why aren't spine fusion devices? Research reveals 3 benefits for personalized interbody devices.