1. CHS to close Florida hospital Full story
2. Advocate Aurora reports $600.8M loss in first half of year Full story
3. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
4. Join other finance leaders in sharing your insights on the essentials of fiscal sustainability. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 5 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost: The Essentials of Fiscal Sustainability — A Healthcare Finance Leader Survey.
5. President of Texas health system abruptly resigns after being placed on leave Full story
6. States ranked by life expectancy Full story
7. UP Health System - Marquette names CFO Full story
8. Women becoming CFOs in record numbers Full story
9. Hospitals have spent billions to combat the staffing crisis and it's not working. Get expert tips to craft a multifaceted retention strategy here.
10. CDC reports evidence of monkeypox virus on household surfaces: 5 updates Full story
11. Hospital M&A: 7 recent deals Full story
12. Allegheny Health System rolls out 'Work Your Way' staffing model Full story
13. Hospitals can't prepare for future challenges with mediocre data. Learn how to get more from today's data and prepare to thrive in the future amid inflation and historic financial challenges.
14. What 4 health systems are paying for EHR installs Full story
15. 50% of executives plan layoffs as healthcare looks to rehire Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. ERP built by accountants, for accountants: Read how James River Home Healthcare's first CFO improved reporting speed and consistency by implementing a new ERP.
2. Can AI close the gap between what’s expected and what’s achievable in rev cycle management? Health system execs say yes. Find out why.
3. Dozens of health system executives met in Chicago to discuss the patient financial experience and the care affordability crisis. Learn what was said and why it matters here.