1. 6 hospitals cutting inpatient care Full story
2. OSU to open $1.79B hospital in 2026 Full story
3. US to offer booster shots starting Sept. 20 Full story
4. 'Customer' is not one of healthcare's dirty words. Click here to learn how customer operations can transform the patient experience
5. 8 recent hospital credit rating downgrades Full story
6. Kindred to close Indiana hospital, lay off 110 employees Full story
7. Health systems miss out on $2.5B in potential physical therapy revenue a year Full story
8. Where cases are leveling off, dropping & rising: 8 US COVID-19 trends Full story
9. Should you fuse identity and access tools? Hear why the CIO of this 700-bed system says yes
10. Humana's CFO on the company's home health push Full story
11. CEO of 49-bed Kansas hospital resigns Full story
12. Financial updates from Kaiser, Mass General Brigham + 4 other systems Full story
13. Physician profitability can be greatly improved with timely data. Click here to learn how.
14. Hospitals didn't see a large rebound in utilization in early 2021, KFF finds Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What tech solutions are helping hospitals + health systems stay on top of mission critical goals? Becker's surveyed dozens of execs to find out. Click here to read the brief summary.
2. Traditional pain management programs aren't working. Here's the new approach hospitals are taking to prevent chronic opioid use.
3. Will a digital transformation help your health system reach its goals? Click here to learn what's hype and what works.