1. 6 hospitals hit with credit downgrades Full story
2. Marketing director arrested after cache of guns found at New Jersey hospital Full story
3. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
4. Champion the change nurses need at your innovative facility. In 2020, the turnover rate of RNs was at 18.7%, a 2.8% increase from 2019. With CareRev, health systems find their staffing solution. Join our revolution. Why? Because #ResilienceMeansRetention.
5. Adventist Health lays off staff Full story
6. Forecast mixed for travel nurse pay Full story
7. Temple Health and partners to buy hospital from Tower Health Full story
8. Nurses sue AdventHealth over active shooter drill they thought was real Full story
9. Where will you be Nov. 7-10? We know where former NBA player Shaquille "Shaq" O'Neal and former President George W. Bush will be — Join them at Becker's CEO + CFO Roundtable.
10. HCA hospital closes inpatient pediatric unit Full story
11. 30 highest-paying medical jobs in the US Full story
12. Providence not resolving payroll errors fast enough, union says Full story
13. Healthcare has a new 3-pronged imperative: Patient-centricity, cybersecurity and carbon-neutrality. Learn how to reinvent care in the face of existential change during this virtual learning session.
14. Orlando Health names CFO of South Central Region Full story
15. Colorado raises stakes for hospitals that don't comply with price transparency rule Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A rise in ransomware is making it harder for healthcare organizations to secure cyber insurance. Get tips to secure affordable coverage here.
2. Hospitals need high-performing EHRs, but many can't afford to upgrade to a new system amid crushing margin pressure. Click here to learn how to keep your hospital EHR in peak condition without burdensome costs.
3. Healthcare organizations are wasting millions of dollars on workflow inefficiencies and data inaccuracies across provider networks. One powerful platform can help connect your payer ecosystem.