1. Healthcare sees most job cuts of any industry in 2022 Full story
2. How Alec Baldwin influenced Anthem BCBS to cover a teacher's spine surgery Full story
3. Ascension opens Florida hospital Full story
4. 70% of healthcare managers say temporary physicians are worth the cost — find out why here.
5. Affiliations raise risk of closure for some rural hospitals, study finds Full story
6. 7 recent hospital, health system CEO moves Full story
7. Healthcare's double whammy: Inflation during a pandemic. Understand how the best hospitals can achieve growth while cutting costs.
8. Vermont's 2nd-largest hospital seeks 17.8% rate increase Full story
9. Tenet to continue oncology services at Massachusetts hospital Full story
10. Connecticut hospital denied initial request to close labor and delivery unit Full story
11. Revenue cycle outsourcing is tricky. Learn the key factors hospitals consider before choosing a partner here.
12. Feds recovered $5B from healthcare fraud cases in 2021: 8 things to know Full story
13. Surge of Buy Now, Pay Later purchases — even for groceries — worries economists Full story
14. Chicago hospital can sue Illinois over alleged Medicaid reimbursement shortfall Full story
15. Why CMS wants to conceal hospital safety data Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A 350-bed hospital can gain $22 million in annual revenue by focusing on financial performance rather than managing revenue cycle costs — here's how your health system can standardize RCM and focus on what's really important.
2. Let your RNs work at the top of their license. Learn how Ochsner Health + Saint Luke's benefited from virtual nursing.
3. One Midwest hospital saved $20 million by transforming their RCM strategy. You can too using these 5 steps.