1. Steward to pay $4.7M to settle kickback allegations Full story
2. Average salary for 55 hospital jobs Full story
3. Why Centene quietly bought the St. Louis Ritz-Carlton Full story
4. Medical debt is crushing hospital and patient finances. Healthcare needs a win/win solution — This Louisiana health system may have found it. Click here to learn more.
5. 7 recent hospital, health system CFO moves Full story
6. 5 hospitals cut inpatient care Full story
7. HCA deal paused + 5 hospital M&A updates Full story
8. Hospital cost-cutting plans aren't working Full story
9. More states are enacting surgical smoke evacuation laws. Nurse leaders will share how to ensure your facility is prepared to protect staff and patients during this discussion.
10. The healthcare CEOs putting their names on the dotted line for gun safety Full story
11. UPMC names 3 international leaders Full story
12. FTC looks to restrict use of noncompetes Full story
13. Mercy completely redesigned staffing processes to put nurses' needs first. See how the system is giving nurses more flexibility and control over their shifts here.
14. 8 health systems opening hospitals Full story
15. Payers are increasingly denying rate increase requests. Can hospitals save elsewhere? Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 85% of health insurance costs relate to chronic conditions. Here are 3 strategies to craft prevention programs that actually work.
2. Hospitals stand to lose revenue and patients through archaic preadmission testing processes. Here's how one physician overhauled a health system's preoperative system to improve patient experience.
3. The future of healthcare finance and data is here. Are you ready? Learn how and why finance teams will steer the strategic direction of healthcare organizations.