1. Sentara sued, accused of trying to wipe out Virginia hospital's cardiology business Full story
2. Safety-net hospitals are 'on the brink of a precipice': Documentary examines growing profit divide Full story
3. CHS has sued 19,000 patients for unpaid bills amid the pandemic Full story
4. Surgical documentation workflows are illogical. Hear how a 292-bed New York hospital expedited operative notes and reduced time to bill in this webinar.
5. Providence's operating loss narrows to $221.9M Full story
6. Advocate Aurora sees net income grow to $351M, gets no relief aid in Q1 Full story
7. Rhode Island hospital patient mix doesn't meet federal standards, investigation finds Full story
8. Tenet Massachusetts hospital posts an additional 49 permanent replacement nurse positions Full story
9. Finance leaders from 3 top children's hospitals talk RCM strategy — join the conversation here.
10. Baylor Scott & White employees to get $500 appreciation bonuses Full story
11. COVID-19 cases down in all 50 states Full story
12. UnitedHealth's Surgical Care Affiliates fires back at DOJ in collusion case Full story
13. What would a 20% increase in billable charge volume look like for your organization? Read how to get there + increase revenue here.
14. National Nurses United 'outraged' over CDC's rolled-back mask guidance Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. COVID-19 changed research access trends. Learn what this means for improvement care strategies here.
2. Close care gaps for good. Learn how UPMC and Winchester Hospital are using real-time ADT notifications to improve care coordination and outcomes in this short case study.
3. More than video visits: 9 must-reads on virtual care's clinical evolution. Click here to read the e-book.