1. Major for-profit hospitals' labor costs hit $12B in Q1 Full story
2. Cedars-Sinai CFO to retire in June Full story
3. Florida hospital misses payroll Full story
4. Financial pressure means hospitals need to do more with less. Attend this virtual summit to learn how you can drive revenue and improve operations through AI and analytics tools.
5. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
6. Advocate Aurora posts $253M net loss in Q1 Full story
7. Viewpoint: FTC will be healthcare's biggest headache until 2025 Full story
8. Colorado Supreme Court rejects hospital's attempt to enforce $229K bill Full story
9. Better data leads to better decisions. Learn how enterprise performance management systems benefit Cleveland Clinic + Intermountain.
10. New Jersey health systems get state approval to merge Full story
11. 5 hospitals curb care over staffing shortages Full story
12. The best hospitals for avoiding unnecessary services: Lown Institute Full story
13. Labor and supply costs are poised to hammer hospital margins again in the remainder of 2022. AdventHealth and Mount Nittany Health System have unlocked savings to help weather the storm. Here's how.
14. Oklahoma hospital pays $1.2M to settle billing fraud claims Full story
15. 17 physician specialties ranked by average incentive bonus Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. HAIs are skyrocketing, but one 426-bed hospital reduced infection and saved $70,000 using this easy-to-apply disinfection strategy.
2. University of Tennessee Medical Center and Fisher-Titus Medical Center embedded telehealth into the EHR to streamline the patient and provider experience — learn more about their success.
3. Before adopting interoperability workflows, orthopedic practices must consider their unique needs. Learn the 4 interoperability keys for orthopedics here.