1. Hospitals cutting services over staffing shortages Full story
2. CommonSpirit posts $591M quarterly operating loss Full story
3. 15 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
4. Patients continue to struggle with the cost of healthcare. The right technology can make it more affordable. How to get started.
5. Dartmouth Health, GraniteOne Health cancel merger plan Full story
6. Providence's operating loss hits $510M in Q1 Full story
7. AHA responds to report on hospitals' requested price hikes to insurers Full story
8. Citing inflation, 2 New York hospitals lay off 4% of staff Full story
9. 83% of healthcare facilities still use paper faxes and PDFs, which can bog down workflows and slow diagnoses. Learn how to close the digital divide here.
10. Humana partnership to make $1.2B investment in primary care clinics Full story
11. Mass General Brigham posts $867M quarterly net loss Full story
12. 'A backward step for patient safety': Medical groups respond to RaDonda Vaught sentencing Full story
13. What's the answer to travel nurses? A local, flexible talent network. Allow nurses to work when they want to, close to home.
14. 6 women making moves in healthcare Full story
15. Mayor's letter prompts HCA Healthcare CEO to visit North Carolina hospital Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. HAIs are skyrocketing, but one 426-bed hospital reduced infection and saved $70,000 using this easy-to-apply disinfection strategy.
2. Trauma centers save lives but often lose money. Learn the 5 steps needed to stay in the black.
3. Healthcare loses $10B annually in administrative costs due to low health literacy and rising complexity cost — learn how hospitals can move forward by downloading the Trends in Healthcare Payments Annual Report.