1. AHA: Nonprofit hospitals aren't seeking a bailout for investment losses Full story
2. Novant lays off 50, including executives Full story
3. Michigan health system, physicians pay $69M to settle allegations in whistleblower suit Full story
4. Internal barriers are limiting patients' access to timely care. Turn that around with these lessons from WellSpan Health.
5. Penn Medicine affiliate lays off less than 1% of workforce amid financial struggles Full story
6. Texas hospitals sound alarm on bill that would eradicate facility fees Full story
7. Interim CFO leaves Banner Health Full story
8. AHA, AHIP urge Supreme Court to reject government's False Claims Act interpretation Full story
9. 84% of employees expect employer-sponsored mental health benefits. See the approach Houston Methodist, Adventist Health & more are taking to best support them.
10. PE firm inks 11-hospital real estate deal for $859M Full story
11. 58 hospitals, health systems among Fortune's 'Most Innovative Companies' Full story
12. Geisinger Health scraps $180M orthopedics project Full story
13. Iowa governor throws rural hospitals a lifeline Full story
14. OU Health halts 401(k) contributions, adjusts paid time off Full story
15. The digital age of staffing is here. Learn how technology can match your hospital with the right clinicians to save money and make filling staffing gaps a breeze.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Avoid the RCM pitfalls of manual processes and revenue leakage. A better recipe for RCM takes a holistic approach and incorporates automation and increased revenue.
2. Physicians and staff spend 14 hours per week on prior authorizations. Learn how to automate the process and return valuable time to your staff.
3. Watch: This SVP gives 3 keys to deliver a positive financial experience for patients, staff and your organization.