1. New Butler-Excela system lays off 13 managers Full story
2. Montefiore receives $100M anonymous donation Full story
3. SVB Financial files for bankruptcy, Credit Suisse gets $50B lifeline and more troubling news Full story
4. Internal barriers are limiting patients' access to timely care. Turn that around with these lessons from WellSpan Health.
5. Pennsylvania hospital CEO retires after 6-decade career Full story
6. Lifespan, Care New England won't say no to a possible merger as new leadership beds in Full story
7. PeaceHealth Oregon taps CFO Full story
8. Cash-strapped California hospital set on funding through late summer, interim CEO says Full story
9. If there's 1 thing RCM leaders are sure of, it's tech: 80% of leading health systems that invested in AI expect it to improve margins. These leaders will tell you why.
10. Viewpoint: Health systems need a 'Ford strategy' Full story
11. 'Meet the patient where they are': Cone Health revenue cycle VP talks goals, payer side experience Full story
12. COOs can feel like 'chief optional officers' in hard times Full story
13. Banner sells building for $29M Full story
14. Cities where a $100K salary doesn't stretch far Full story
15. Two teams are better than one. See how revenue cycle and IT teams are breaking down silos and collaborating to improve patients' financial experience.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The % of hospitals outsourcing help to process complex claims has doubled, and for good reason: more money (faster) + fewer headaches. Will you follow suit? Learn how this complex claim resolution program can put you ahead.
2. Claims payment processing has been painful, slow, paper-based and error-prone. Get this study of 126 health plans execs to see top opportunities for plans to streamline payment processing.
3. Avoid the RCM pitfalls of manual processes and revenue leakage. A better recipe for RCM takes a holistic approach and incorporates automation and increased revenue.