1. Why rural hospital closures hit a record high in 2020 Full story
2. 17 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
3. CHS shares hit 1-year high Full story
4. 70% of patients want to have conversations with their providers about the high costs of care. Experts share how healthcare organizations can approach this need during this virtual discussion. Join here.
5. Baylor Scott & White job cuts, outsourcing expected to save $600M Full story
6. Most big US hospitals are defying price disclosure rule Full story
7. 16 latest healthcare industry lawsuits, settlements Full story
8. Sanford no longer pursuing Intermountain merger Full story
9. Does your organization have a plan to close post-pandemic privacy, security and compliance loopholes? Click here to formulate one.
10. 'It's too much fun not to': Hacker who exposed US hospitals' security cameras on inspiration behind attack Full story
11. Mayo Clinic gets $60M from St. Paul philanthropist Full story
12. MedPAC's 2021 report to Congress: 5 takeaways Full story
13. Missouri hospital CEO resigns Full story
14. What are healthcare CFOs' top goals right now, and how should they accomplish them? Find insights on cost control, capital projects, healthcare policy and more in these upcoming webinars.
15. Banner Health's annual net income falls to $586.7M Full story
16. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Distributing COVID-19 vaccinations is the greatest workflow challenge of our time. Click here for tools to solve the complex logistics required to meet your community's needs.
2. It's time payers give members the same type of personalized engagement they get from retail interactions. Click here to learn how, and why it will boost employee retention.
3. What 102 million hospital transactions reveal about denials — and what your hospital can do to prevent them. Click here to learn more.