1. Trinity Health reports $298M operating loss as expenses continue to rise Full story
2. How Biden's budget aims to sustain Medicare, lower costs Full story
3. Penn Medicine expansion hampered by 'huge macro headwinds,' CEO says Full story
4. ORs are too critical a space to risk mismatched supply and demand. See what's leading systems like CommonSpirit to better efficiency and 14.5x ROI.
5. Hospitals urge Congress to prevent $8B in Medicaid DSH cuts Full story
6. States to lift COVID-19 rules in healthcare settings Full story
7. 29 physician specialties ranked by mental distress Full story
8. CarolinaEast Health ends affiliation with UNC Health Full story
9. Still using manual processes for patient financial clearance? See how modernizing workflows can unburden staff, boost patient satisfaction and prevent costly denials here.
10. 1st hospitals line up for new rural hospital designation Full story
11. OhioHealth to build $600M women's center Full story
12. CEO issues plea to keep California hospital running Full story
13. What patients want most from providers Full story
14. Optim Health names CFO Full story
15. Healthcare's next big thing? Population genomics. Get ahead of the curve and see how a South Carolina health system is using this as an emerging standard of care.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Becker's-PwC survey: 84% of health systems are behind in cash collections + denials are up. Here is how revenue cycle leaders can meet cash goals.
2. 4 reasons your revenue cycle is lacking + 3 keys to transform it.
3. Claims payment processing has been painful, slow, paper-based and error-prone. Get this study of 126 health plans execs to see top opportunities for plans to streamline payment processing.