1. 5 hospital closures in 2 months Full story
2. Froedtert freezes hiring for certain positions Full story
3. Baptist Health reports $110M profit in Q4 Full story
4. Give physicians what they want — without breaking the bank. See how hospitals are tapping retainment strategies that don't hurt their balance sheets here.
5. Former MetroHealth CEO hid unauthorized bonuses, audit says Full story
6. 'It gives me chest pains': Minnesota system CEO says margins may hit -8% Full story
7. Large health system vs. payer profits in 2022 Full story
8. Hospitals should prepare for a financially 'challenging' 2023, Northwell CFO says Full story
9. Healthcare's next big thing? Population genomics. Get ahead of the curve and see how a South Carolina health system is using this as an emerging standard of care.
10. Lawsuits and logjams: A No Surprises Act timeline Full story
11. 3-hospital system in California suffers rating downgrade as financial woes continue Full story
12. 6 CFO exits in February Full story
13. The FTC could come for 'cross-market' hospital mergers next Full story
14. Bankrupt California clinic chain's acquisition approved Full story
15. If there's 1 thing RCM leaders are sure of, it's tech: 80% of leading health systems that invested in AI expect it to improve margins. These leaders will tell you why.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is your hospital's EHR up to snuff? Fill critical gaps and increase ROI by using these 8 capabilities.
2. Legacy IT systems and point solutions complicate digital transformation. Here are 5 ways to overcome those challenges and drive change.
3. UAB Hospital shortened wait times and boosted clinic visits 7.4% — without the need for a costly expansion project. See how one of the nation's busiest outpatient centers did it.