1. Nobody's happy with physician pay Full story
2. McLaren hospital to close Full story
3. MetroHealth CFO is out Full story
4. Healthcare product shortages remain 5X higher than before then pandemic. See 3 proven strategies for reducing supply chain shortages.
5. UnityPoint Health, Presbyterian Healthcare to explore possible merger Full story
6. Nonprofit hospitals' finances will get worse before they get better, Fitch says Full story
7. 'We made $3.6B over the last 2 years:' How Kaiser continues to invest amid financial headwinds Full story
8. 20 health systems reporting losses in 2022 Full story
9. What if DME ordering was as easy as online shopping with an insurance card? At UCLA Health and St. Luke's, it is. See how they streamlined the process to reduce discharge delays and boost clinician satisfaction here.
10. Walmart Health to add 28 new clinics by 2024 Full story
11. 10 states with the largest dips in travel nurse pay Full story
12. Iowa health systems combine Full story
13. Twice-closed Texas hospital set to reopen as freestanding ER Full story
14. 56% of patients like to switch providers after poor billing experience Full story
15. ORs are too critical a space to risk mismatched supply and demand. See what's leading systems like CommonSpirit to better efficiency and 14.5x ROI.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Avoid the RCM pitfalls of manual processes and revenue leakage. A better recipe for RCM takes a holistic approach and incorporates automation and increased revenue.
2. Don't stunt your ASC's growth. Learn how to remove revenue cycle roadblocks and ensure success here.
3. Is your hospital's EHR up to snuff? Fill critical gaps and increase ROI by using these 8 capabilities.