1. 20+ US hospitals among Newsweek's top 100 global hospitals Full story
2. Marshfield Clinic to lay off 346 Full story
3. Cleveland Clinic posts $1.2B net loss in 2022; investments hit while expenses climb Full story
4. Give physicians what they want — without breaking the bank. See how hospitals are tapping retainment strategies that don't hurt their balance sheets here.
5. Hospital CEO exits hit 4-year high Full story
6. Texas hospital set to close, asks University Health to take over Full story
7. 15 called-off hospital deals Full story
8. Terminated physician sued New York health system for $24.7 million Full story
9. Healthcare product shortages remain 5X higher than before then pandemic. See 3 proven strategies for reducing supply chain shortages.
10. $14B merger could cut services and increase prices, Minnesota nurses claim Full story
11. FTC requests and vertical harm theories: A timeline of UnitedHealth's LHC Group acquisition Full story
12. Tufts Medicine suffers downgrade amid sustained financial challenges Full story
13. City of Hope's expenses up over 50% as it absorbs Cancer Treatment Centers of America Full story
14. Healthcare billing fraud: 18 recent cases Full story
15. Participating in a clinically integrated network comes with benefits and challenges. Here's how ACOs affect clinical integration for payers, providers and patients.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 5 top healthcare payment challenges for 2023 and how to get ahead of them — see the report here.
2. Becker's-PwC survey: 84% of health systems are behind in cash collections + denials are up. Here is how revenue cycle leaders can meet cash goals.
3. Claims payment processing has been painful, slow, paper-based and error-prone. Get this study of 126 health plans execs to see top opportunities for plans to streamline payment processing.