1. Hospital chain CEO takes the fifth amid accusations of mismanagement Full story
2. Highest-earning nonprofit hospitals give less charity care than lower-earning ones, study finds Full story
3. Beaumont Health's net income more than doubled in 2019 Full story
4. Are you up to speed on private sector efforts to develop standards to support providers and payers in value-based care? Click here to learn about the HL7 Da Vinci Project.
5. Join us at our 3rd Annual Health IT + Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy Conference, May 19-21, at the Swissotel, Chicago. We're excited to offer 80+ sessions featuring a great combination of health IT’s impact on pharmaceuticals, clinical and business issues. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, email Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
6. Florida physician allegedly bilked $26M from insurers to fund political ambition Full story
7. RWJBarnabas Health's annual operating income drops 25% Full story
8. At least 30 hospitals went bankrupt in 2019. Here's how to protect your hospital's bottom line in 2020.
9. 10 health systems partnering to open, build hospitals Full story
10. Duke University Health System's revenue tops $2B in first half of fiscal year Full story
11. Physician contracts are high-risk, high-stakes, complex and dense. What rests on them? Your entire physician alignment strategy. Learn specific tactics, common pitfalls to avoid and real-world best practices in this webinar.
12. Distressed Arkansas hospital at risk of closing Full story
13. Child abducted from Louisiana hospital at gunpoint found safe Full story