1. Physician blasts billionaire owner of California safety-net hospital Full story
2. 30 latest hospital credit rating downgrades Full story
3. HCA to issue $1B in new notes Full story
4. Becker's workforce optimization survey: Click here to earn complimentary registration to a Becker's conference.
5. Thrilled to welcome keynotes Magic Johnson, Howard Dean, Rick Santorum and Ellen Latham to Becker's 3rd Annual Health IT + Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy Conference, May 19-21, at the Swissotel, Chicago. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Illinois health system to pay $850K to end workers' overtime lawsuit Full story
7. Bon Secours begins winding down services at Kentucky hospital Full story
8. How Massachusetts' top commercial payer is working to expand access to behavioral health services via telehealth. Click here to read the case study.
9. Oregon health system plans $1B in expansions Full story
10. New Temple University CEO: To save money, teach staff to be 'cost-conscious champions' Full story
11. Leading health systems are unpacking the AI 'black box' problem. Click here to learn how.
12. Healthgrades' best 50 US hospitals for 2020 Full story
13. The 28 hospitals, organizations on HHS 'Wall of Shame' Full story