1. Biden's State of the Union: 10 healthcare takeaways Full story
2. 5-hospital system exits bankruptcy with 5 new C-suite leaders Full story
3. CVS reports $2.3B Q4 profit, will buy Oak Street Health Full story
4. Augmented intelligence is headed to the C-suite. See how executives are using it to focus decisions during this session.
5. 2 states take aim at noncompetes in healthcare Full story
6. Central California county ends emergency declaration as capacity, finance issues persist Full story
7. False Claims Act settlements surpass $2.2B in fiscal year 2022 Full story
8. Healthcare wage inflation slowing faster than rest of economy Full story
9. Across all specialties, at least one-third of physicians are burned out. Here's one thing Gundersen Health is doing to better support all physicians.
10. Hospital mergers meet a new major player: state governments Full story
11. HCA CFO sells $8M of stock Full story
12. Arizona border hospital struggling to stay afloat after spending $20M on uncompensated care in the last 6 months Full story
13. St. Jude files moves forward with $1B expansion project Full story
14. Cyberattacks on non-for-profit hospital websites won't lead to downgrades: Fitch
15. More than 10% of your organization's lab spend is probably unnecessary. Learn how to pinpoint wasteful spending and reduce laboratory costs.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is the right RCM partner a needle in a haystack? This report helps you vet future partners - the right way.
2. The % of hospitals outsourcing help to process complex claims has doubled, and for good reason: more money (faster) + fewer headaches. Will you follow suit? Learn how this complex claim resolution program can put you ahead.
3. 5 top healthcare payment challenges for 2023 and how to get ahead of them — see the report here.