1. 9 hospitals closing departments or ending services Full story
2. January sees 25 CEO exits as industry woes wear on Full story
3. CommonSpirit buys stake in Arabian hospital group Full story
4. Financial losses for hospitals continue to mount as the gap between provider and payer profits widens. Here are 5 tips to narrow the gap and improve financial performance now.
5. Tower Health to sell 17 urgent care centers Full story
6. Former McLaren executive named Prisma Health CFO Full story
7. Fed raises interest rates 0.25%, expects 'ongoing' increases Full story
8. 10 states with the largest decreases to travel nurse pay Full story
9. Amid closures, the (brighter) future of rural hospitals demands better margins + smoother operations. Learn how some execs are keeping their rural orgs thriving in an unforgiving environment.
10. 65% of rural hospitals confident they will not merge with larger group, report says Full story
11. Banner, ChristianaCare, U of Iowa websites also hit by cyberattack Full story
12. Former CEO named CFO at Texas health system Full story
13. North Carolina hospital launches on-demand pay for workers Full story
14. Maine's largest hospital ends fundraising campaign after exceeding goal Full story
15. 2023 will bring more financial headwinds. Some health systems are better prepared than others. Is your hospital ready? Find out during this live financial forecast.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Just 1 in 10 CKD patients get proper care. Learn how data + AI are changing the kidney care paradigm from costly, urgent treatment to preventative and cost-effective care.
2. Healthcare product shortages remain 5X higher than before then pandemic. See 3 proven strategies for reducing supply chain shortages.
3. Is the right RCM partner a needle in a haystack? This report helps you vet future partners - the right way.