1. Why CEOs are taking pay cuts Full story
2. Maryland hospital to close by spring 2024 Full story
3. How Prime Healthcare is tackling labor challenges and what may be on the horizon: Q&A with CFO Steve Aleman Full story
4. Eliminate the back-and-forth between agency and staffing manager with technology. With CareRev, maintain the highest levels of patient safety with professionals who undergo rigorous vetting, including interviews with experts in their specialty. Discover how.
5. Adventist Health moves to absorb secular Oregon hospital Full story
6. Billionaire CEO donates $25M to Nicklaus Children's Hospital Full story
7. Judge dismisses physician's $25M defamation case against Houston Methodist Full story
8. Dollar General CFO to retire as retailer dips toes in healthcare Full story
9. Augmented intelligence is headed to the C-suite. See how executives are using it to focus decisions during this session.
10. One-fifth of distressed bonds issued by healthcare sector as debt worries rise Full story
11. AHA backs CMS' proposed changes to health insurance marketplaces Full story
12. Texas group's latest No Surprises Act lawsuit challenges 600% fee hike Full story
13. 11 healthcare organizations outsourcing RCM functions Full story
14. UH Newark unveils $1.8B master plan for new hospital Full story
15. Financial losses for hospitals continue to mount as the gap between provider and payer profits widens. Here are 5 tips to narrow the gap and improve financial performance now.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The % of hospitals outsourcing help to process complex claims has doubled, and for good reason: more money (faster) + fewer headaches. Will you follow suit? Learn how this complex claim resolution program can put you ahead.
2. 5 top healthcare payment challenges for 2023 and how to get ahead of them — see the report here.
3. Half of denials stem from front-end revenue cycle errors. Reverse the trend with tips from this short report.