1. 20 health systems with highest contract labor expenses Full story
2. Memorial Sloan Kettering lays off 337 employees Full story
3. Colorado hospital margins 49% below pre-pandemic levels Full story
4. Amid closures, the (brighter) future of rural hospitals demands better margins + smoother operations. Learn how some execs are keeping their rural orgs thriving in an unforgiving environment.
5. The 10 most profitable hospitals in North Texas Full story
6. Tufts to eliminate 240 positions, save $22M Full story
7. Florida hospital speeds up expansion after competitor closes Full story
8. Opioid use disorder costs hospitals $95B annually Full story
9. As financial and staffing challenges linger in 2023, navigating IT innovation alone = treading water. Learn how healthcare orgs are outsourcing support to get back time + gain strategic advantage.
10. ScionHealth acquisition adds 15 specialty hospitals Full story
11. 12 recent hospital, health system CFO moves Full story
12. 8 healthcare finance trends to know for 2023 Full story
13. ChristianaCare making progress in reducing contract labor, inpatient costs Full story
14. 10 largest independent hospitals in America Full story
15. More than 10% of your organization's lab spend is probably unnecessary. Learn how to pinpoint wasteful spending and reduce laboratory costs.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Even small finance teams have big reporting challenges. Here's how the CFO of a small home healthcare provider found the right tool to achieve seamless financial operations.
2. Don't leave money on the table — see how Sanford Health saved millions with these inventory management tools.
3. Half of denials stem from front-end revenue cycle errors. Reverse the trend with tips from this short report.