1. Lawmakers go after UPMC Full story
2. 'Back in the Black': Kaweah cuts 94 jobs, staff benefits in $98M savings plan Full story
3. Tenet CFO to retire Full story
4. As financial and staffing challenges linger in 2023, navigating IT innovation alone = treading water. Learn how healthcare orgs are outsourcing support to get back time + gain strategic advantage.
5. Mississippi lieutenant governor details plan to help hospitals 'not just next year, but for the next generation' Full story
6. Adena to eliminate 69 positions, send 340 employees to Ensemble amid restructuring
7. Tenet expects to beat midpoint of latest 2022 outlook Full story
8. The buzz from Davos: 5 big themes for 2023 Full story
9. Process improvement — an age-old endeavor — now has next-generation solutions. Is your technology up to date? Learn how some healthcare orgs are getting ROI in as little as four months.
10. Washington hospitals project $3.5B loss by end of fiscal year Full story
11. Proposed merger doesn't save Fairview Health from rating drop Full story
12. MultiCare acquires 12th hospital, adding 2,700 staff Full story
13. South Carolina hospital denied Medicare payment Full story
14. 10 states with the fewest hospitals at risk of closure Full story
15. More than 10% of your organization's lab spend is probably unnecessary. Learn how to pinpoint wasteful spending and reduce laboratory costs.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The Medicare Trust Fund is scheduled to deplete in 2026 and hospitals are already facing skyrocketing debt. Here's the tool your organization needs to prepare for the coming industry shifts.
2. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.
3. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover 4 hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.